- Beginner's Guides
What is Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
There are thousands of crypto tokens and coins available for purchase in the digital currency market today. One example is the Basic Attention Token (BAT) that blocks trackers by employing a privacy-centered, open-source web browser application known as Brave.
BAT is an ERC-20 utility token that’s exchanged via a blockchain-based advertising platform by advertisers, publishers, and users. In essence, the BAT ecosystem is based on the Ethereum blockchain to reward website publishers and track user attention in a secure way.
Let’s take a look at how it works and whether beginners can make money with BAT tokens.
How does BAT work?
The BAT platform matches users with advertisements without collecting any personal data or tracking their web activity. As a result, BAT tokens are used as a unit of account between publishers, advertisers, and users. Non-refundable tokens can be used to encourage usage of the platform and obtain certain services from users. Examples include:
1. Users can earn BAT for spending some time on a website while using the BAT browser.
2. Brands can advertise their products and services and get consumer attention without collecting data.
3. Creators and publishers can earn BAT when they publish original content online.
Can I earn free Basic Attention Tokens?
The easiest to earn BAT token is by downloading the Brave browser and choosing to receive ads. When you browse websites and view privacy-respecting ads, you can earn BAT. Since the focus is on user attention rather than tracking data, it’s an easy way to get BAT tokens with minimal effort.
Is BAT a good investment?
With so many different cryptocurrencies and tokens out there, it makes sense to ask whether a certain digital currency is worth it at the end of the day.
Here are some reasons why you might want to consider BAT as a viable form of investment:
1. BAT tokens are currently at $0.76, and Digital Coin Price predicts that they could hit $2.40 by the end of this year.
2. With internet privacy becoming a burning issue, users are more likely to value applications that value privacy and don’t have access to your digital footprint.
3. With the market oversaturated with brands, many people don’t even register a majority of advertising that they come across every day. Getting paid to watch ads will likely entice more customers.
4. BAT helps support content creators and original content.
5. The Brave browser gets rid of annoying popups and banners, leading to a faster browsing experience.
Looking for more ways to make money with cryptocurrency? Check out our top guides to cryptocurrency basics that cover a variety of topics, including a guide to get started with BlockFi, a guide to get started with Coinbase, and which wallets and exchanges to invest in.
Sign up for our newsletter and follow crypto and Bitcoin updates for beginners to stay in the know.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. Clicking any of the links on this website does not increase the cost or affect the price for any item you purchased. Our main purpose is for informational purpose and not for just earning 🙏
Things to avoid while trading crypto
TOP 50 COMMON MISTAKES
NEWBIES MAKE THAT CAN BE AVOIDED!